All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:40 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
1.  Trying to re-install GoPro Studio

2.  It says it will not work without mac OS 10.9 or greater.

3.  I have OS 10.8.5 on my macbook pro.

4.  I try anyway.  It will download but will not install and it says it will not install without OS 10.9 or greater.

5.  So I google OS updates and choose the apple upgrades site.

6.  I click on the blue button in the upper tight...Upgrade Now.   Nope, for the life of me I cannot see where I click onto download or anything that might be remotely related.  That's the way it is with Apple; i.e. I am on the above link and I cannot see anywhere to click to get an upgrade of software to 10.9. What is going on Apple.

7.  So I try to upgrade from 10.8.5 by clicking onto the Apple in the upper left hand corner….it tells me that there are no new updates….or that I do not need them.

Please help because I am at the end of my rope and of course…….there is no way I can call apple and get help without that turning into another project all unto itself.

These computers are a never-ending problem.  "Owning" a computer has enslaved me to the technology.  I have spent what is coming to be…most of yet another free day….enslaved to this technology…fighting to troubleshoot it.  Yet, it is marketed as a panacea.   I have been on this particular problem for nearly 3 hours now.  And it started as a bike ride with the gopro.  Yuh right .   Then, my macbook would not play the test run video.  That was before my 4 phone calls to gopro and all this described above. 

But in the end, I can say that gopro is always available and quickly.  Not apple anymore.  Before the Apple Care ran out, I could call them and they would get me through anything.  Now the software has become a nightmare for me, though I do love (and sometimes hate) this macbook. 

Thanks
Robert

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:16 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Click on the Apple, then select App Store, once that loads, click on Updates, that will Open with an El Capitan banner at the top of the page with a Learn More Button embedded in the graphic, this will take you to a page with the Get button.

If you have any Nikon software that you rely on it will no longer work. Any other programs that you count on, first check El Capitan compatibility before doing this.

by EGrav on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:32 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
This does not seem to be an Apple problem.

body{zoom:119%!important;}

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:44 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Click on the Apple, then select App Store, once that loads, click on Updates, that will Open with an El Capitan banner at the top of the page with a Learn More Button embedded in the graphic, this will take you to a page with the Get button.

If you have any Nikon software that you rely on it will no longer work.  Any other programs that you count on, first check El Capitan compatibility before doing this.
Thanks E.J.

Yes, I rely on Capture NX2 and ViewNX 2.

1.  If I update Capture and NX before the OS update, will they continue to work ?

Or maybe I should put this whole thing on Apple and GoPro.  Good luck on that. :)

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:18 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Nope!  Not fully although what you use may work...
Both the current versions of View and Capture are not 100% compatible with El Capitan:
https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answer ... a_id/19495

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:58 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Ok,thanks

Just talked to GoPro again. The young man thinks it is the micro disc. I tried to reformat it but failed in Disk Utility. It shows in the drop down menu but it is grayish, not dark. I cannot click on it. I will have to find a way to reformat it.

Thanks again.

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:03 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
FYI

Formatted it with the GoPro camera itself. It works fine now; i.e. can read and play new videos as well as the older ones. Problem now is that I have lost GoProStudio because I uninstalled it, not knowing that reinstallation of it would require 10.9. So I have opted to not upgrade from OS 10.8.5 to OS 10.9 because I will lose Capture and View.

I hope there will be more from GoPro on this later.

Wish there was an open source video editor out there for Mac.

7 posts |