Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by CactusD on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:26 am
CactusD
Forum Contributor
Location: Ideally, halfway up a Greek mountain, or in the northern British landscape; otherwise, Banbury, UK
Hi all,
I'm planning to venture into the land of smartphones via a new iPhone (prob 6 plus), which I will plan to use at least in part as a camera to keep on my person.  
I'd welcome any latest thinking re. apps for more than the basic automated controls for shooting - don't think there's been a thread on this for some time.  
Cheers in advance,
Dave
"The Sun is God."  J. M. W. Turner

Large Format Photography Website

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:02 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
645 Pro if you want complete control of the camera as well as access to the RAW data from the sensor in a TIF file
Pro HDR X is the best app I've found for high dynamic range photography as it allows you to place the exposure bias point for three regions (generally a highlight, midtone and shadow region) and then adjust the HDR effect, color, contras, filters etc.
If you have a WiFi enabled camera then get the app that allows you to control your camera with the smart phone
LightTrac or some other app that shows you sun and moon angles overlayed on a Google Map
DOF Master is handy for quick DOF calculations
There are many many more tha people find useful so I'm sure others will chime in.

by CactusD on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:25 am
CactusD
Forum Contributor
Location: Ideally, halfway up a Greek mountain, or in the northern British landscape; otherwise, Banbury, UK
Thanks EJ: good for starters...
"The Sun is God."  J. M. W. Turner

Large Format Photography Website

3 posts |