« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by Martin 095 on Mon May 31, 2010 1:11 pm
Martin 095
Lifetime Member
Member #:01126
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a decent PNS for my wife. Her (umh, ... my :)) requirements are (in no particular order):

a) minimal noise up to ISO 400
b) moderate to extensive zoom (5x minimum but 10-20x would be considered); good glass
c) video recording; 1080i would be nice but 720p will suffice; format at this point isn't all that critical
d) built-in flash; built-in stabilization
e) up to $350
f) capable of shooting in RAW

others items that would be nice but not that critical: articulating LCD, high-res LCD; 10 Mp minimum;

One important caveat: I DO NOT WANT CANON - she had a Canon PNS for a couple of years that required numerous repairs, totaling more than the camera is worth. I know the G11 is a good camera but that is probably more camera than she wants and is out of our price range anyway (but I am working on her :)).

Any suggestions would be welcomed - also fwiw she is NOT a hobbyist. She just wants something she can carry to take shots of our family as needed. The size isn't so important (ie, it doesn't have to fit in a pocket). Thanks in advance for the help.
Best wishes,

Martin
"[i]If there is a sin against life, it consists, perhaps not so much in despairing of life, as hoping for another life and eluding the implacable grandeur of this life[/i]." - Albert Camus

by Curt on Mon May 31, 2010 2:49 pm
Curt
Forum Contributor
frequent topic at fredmiranda where you.ll find a ton of info threads on this .... for sure PnS cameras have really gotten expensive

good luck
Easton, Maryland

2 posts |