Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by stream on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:33 am
stream
Forum Contributor
I am running AVG 8.0.169 anti virus which also has anti spyware included. Is it also recommended or necessary to run an additional anti spyware program such as Webroot Spy Sweeper. Thank you. Clark.

by Tsmith on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:46 am
Tsmith
Forum Contributor
Clark I don't and haven't run into any problems now with 15 months on this computer build running WinXP/AVG. Internet Explorer and FireFox both do a pretty decent job of blocking stuff too. Just stay away from those shady web sites. And too remember Ctrl+Alt+Delete is your friend for those pesky pop ups telling you your system is infected with SpyWare. Never ever click on those thinking your closing them out, use Ctrl+Alt+Delete and shutdown your Internet Browser from the Task Manager Processes List. Its better to end your browsing session than allow that junk to infiltrate your system.
- Toney

by stream on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:46 pm
stream
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the info Toney. Clark.

by Jmichels on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:30 pm
Jmichels
Forum Contributor
I sometimes run spybot Search and Destroy (make sure that you put all of this in the search), and I like Ad Aware by Lavasoft, you can get the free one easily, and I like MalwareBytes also. These are all free and catch what AV doesn't. I am in charge of over 700 computers and I use these at least once a day at some point. You can grab them all at http://www.download.com for free.
Not all who wander are lost.--J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks for looking!
Canon EOS 30D, various lenses, Manfrotto tripod and head

[url=http://www.herperhaven.com]HerperHaven[/url]

4 posts |