fbpixel

Moderators: E.J. Peiker, Greg Downing

All times are UTC - 5 hours

  
« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by Larry Shuman on Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:30 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
Posts: 456
Joined: 25 Nov 2009
My Proshow finally quit. Is there any slideshow out that can compare to Proshow Producer? The new "Proshow" is a subscription service which I'm not interested in.
 

by Jeff Pearl on Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:58 pm
User avatar
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Posts: 251
Joined: 05 Nov 2017
Location: Lovettsville, VA
Member #:02142
There was an earlier post about this. PTE was mentioned a few times. https://www.wnsoft.com/en/alternative-to-proshow-producer/

Animoto is good, but more expensive. https://animoto.com/

Photopia was the one Photodex was suggesting. https://photopia.nl/proshow/


Last edited by Jeff Pearl on Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
 

by Brian K. on Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:39 am
User avatar
Brian K.
Lifetime Member
Posts: 910
Joined: 21 Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Member #:00115
Animoto is also a subscription service.
Brian D. Kennedy
NSN 0115
http://www.bdkennedy.com
 

by Larry Shuman on Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:19 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
Posts: 456
Joined: 25 Nov 2009
I discovered that the DVD drive has gone bad. I tried Animoto yesterday and found it slow and hard to work with. I'll replace the dvd drive this afternoon
 

by Scott B on Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:03 pm
Scott B
Forum Contributor
Posts: 62
Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Larry Shuman wrote:
My Proshow finally quit. 


I am curious what stopped working for you.  I went in to Producer a couple weeks ago for the first time in several months.  Everything worked fine but I could not generate a video after I completed the slideshow.  Is that the same issue you ran into?
 

by Larry Shuman on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:45 am
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
Posts: 456
Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Scott B wrote:
Larry Shuman wrote:
My Proshow finally quit. 


I am curious what stopped working for you.  I went in to Producer a couple weeks ago for the first time in several months.  Everything worked fine but I could not generate a video after I completed the slideshow.  Is that the same issue you ran into?

I was trying to burn a dvd slideshow. After a few seconds of running it would stop and it say there was a problem. Since the DVD drive is original (over5 years old) I've bought another new one yesterday.
 

by Scott B on Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:44 pm
Scott B
Forum Contributor
Posts: 62
Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Larry I hope the new DVD drive works for you. Please let me know if it does. If you can burn to a DVD I can order some blank DVDs and do the same hopefully.
 

by Ed Cordes on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:39 pm
User avatar
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Posts: 4584
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Location: Corning, NY
Member #:00700
Another vote for PTE. I have been using it for years and like it a lot. Has many features I have yet to use.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy
 

by Larry Shuman on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:15 am
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
Posts: 456
Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Scott B wrote:
Larry I hope the new DVD drive works for you.  Please let me know if it does.  If you can burn to a DVD I can order some blank DVDs and do the same hopefully.


Hi Scott:

I found out that the DVD drive was bad after five years. So for only $21.99 I bought an ASUS DVD drive and installed it yesterday. This morning I burned two slideshows one with 186 images and the other with over 300 images and all worked fine and perfectly.
 

by Phil Shaw on Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:10 pm
Phil Shaw
Forum Contributor
Posts: 88
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Member #:00106
Larry Shuman wrote:
Scott B wrote:
Larry I hope the new DVD drive works for you.  Please let me know if it does.  If you can burn to a DVD I can order some blank DVDs and do the same hopefully.


Hi Scott:

I found out that the DVD drive was bad after five years. So for only $21.99 I bought an ASUS DVD drive and installed it yesterday. This morning I burned two slideshows one with 186 images and the other with over 300 images and all worked fine and perfectly.


Good to know, thanks for posting.
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
10 posts | 
  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group