Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by the painter on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:20 pm
the painter
Forum Contributor
Congratulations! This is the Image of the Week selection for the Travel and Culture Gallery, week ending 26th October, 2012!... royal ...

quite epic sunset yesterday, got me running once again! Not much is done since light was pretty awesome

by Gary Briney on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Absolutely gorgeous sky -- I love the crazy fg curves which make the curved horizon seem normal (though for fun I wonder how the image would look with a straight horizon. :)) A stunning image!
G. Briney

by night86mare on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:21 am
night86mare
Forum Contributor
Nice sky indeed, though there seems like there is a bit too much structure in it (for me at least).

My suggestion is to move the frame a little to the right from where you are, it might help balancing out the space - as of now, it feels a little tight on the right. An alternative is to do a panorama including more space on the right (if it's possible). ;)
WK
Gallery | FB | 500px

"We photograph to drive things out of our minds."

by the painter on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:44 am
the painter
Forum Contributor
thanks for the selection~!

I would love to move it to the right but there's some other photographers beside too, so it would be quite some work to get them off in post. I would think the pano would work much better to include both the sky & the full structure. Will definitely try next time if there's a chance. Cheers!

4 posts |