« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by OntPhoto on Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:20 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Although I never visited because I live in Ontario, this large camera retailer in Montreal has closed.  I didn't know they had been in business for 95 years.  It had been owned by Henrys since 2019 according to the article.  

It's the end for Lozeau after 95 years of existence | JDM (www-journaldemontreal-com.translate.goog)

PS.  I seldom shop at retail stores including Henrys. I order either directly through the vendor (ex. ThinkTank Canada and USA), purchase right off the Canon.ca website, Amazon (USA and Canada) and occasionally CameraCanada.  

The reason I prefer to go directly through the manufacturer and Amazon is because it's hassle free customer service and they back it up if anything happens.  The customer service is normally excellent so not much to worry about. You are also ensured of a brand new product 

Having said the above, I have had very good service from CameraCanada and my Canon 7D MK2 was purchased from them in 2014 and there was another recent purchase.  The recent purchase was via Amazon but sold by and ships from CameraCanada.  Jeff Bezos did a great job of allaying customer apphrensions when online shopping started way back when.  He made sure customer service was number one.  And it worked.  

YIKES.  They just rewrote the story in the link above.  The original owners of Lozeau who sold the store to Henrys is blaming Henrys for the closure.  

1 post |