Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:45 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
I almost had to buy a R6 before I wanted to.  The R6 is on my buy-list when the time is right.  That time was almost tonight. 

The 6D and 7D MK2 is doing the job for me right now.  I must not have attached the Canon 70-200 2.8L IS and 1.4x properly to the 6D.  I was holding onto the lens when the 6D separated from the lens combo and fell to the forest floor.  A loud Thud!  Oh no.  6D landed on the backside.  I picked up the 6D and re-attached to the lens.  The camera did not turn on. Oh no.  

Tried taking off the lens and re-attaching.  Still nothing.  Last ditch attempt, take out battery tray and re-insert.  That did the job.  A big PHEW.  I got to stop dropping things.  Thankful it was the camera and not the lens+1.4x that hit the ground.  Based on past experience, the lens drop may have resulted in some damage.  Camera looks fine. 

by Ed Cordes on Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:21 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Glad things worked out well. Kind of scary even just reading of your experience.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by OntPhoto on Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:08 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Ed Cordes wrote:Glad things worked out well.  Kind of scary even just reading of your experience.
Thanks Ed.  It was scary for me.  I had only started to use the 6D recently, this year.  A brand new camera.  Very hesitant to use at first but grew to really like the camera.  

3 posts |