« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:12 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Usually when one airline implements new restrictive rules, others soon follow.  JetBlue will now not allow you to use the overhead bins on their lowest fares:
https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/jet ... w-fare-pax

by EGrav on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:08 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
Other major airlines are already doing this. United calls it Basic Economy - no large carry on bags, 1 personal item that must fit under seat. American Airlines has similar class - Basic Economy. I am not sure what Delta calls it.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:27 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
EGrav wrote:Other major airlines are already doing this. United calls it Basic Economy - no large carry on bags, 1 personal item that must fit under seat. American Airlines has similar class -  Basic Economy. I am not sure what Delta calls it.
I really only fly with American due to living in an AA hub city.  Yes they do have those fares but the carry-on bag and overhead space thing is completely unenforced.  Although they are the last group to board so, speaking pre-pandemic here, the space often runs out when they get to the last boarding group which is what those tickets get.

by EGrav on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:40 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
They are enforcing it on United flights. Saw it happen last week. So your warning for photographers is appropriate.

by Brian K. on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 am
Brian K.
Lifetime Member
Member #:00115
Southwest is my airline of choice. I will fly a few hours out of my way to fly with them. Most people won't, but it works for me.
[b]Brian D. Kennedy[/b]
[b]NSN 0115[/b]
http://www.bdkennedy.com

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:40 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Brian K. wrote:Southwest is my airline of choice. I will fly a few hours out of my way to fly with them. Most people won't, but it works for me.
SWA doesn't get you out of the country unless it's a small number of Caribbean locations ;)

6 posts |