« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:53 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Covid-19 played a big part in many photographers lives this year.  Hopefully a vaccine or at the very least a treatment will lessen covid-19's impact this fall and winter.  In the meantime, a story was published this week on how a supercomputer, the second most powerful in the world, went to task analyzing covid-19.  

Its findings were in one researchers words, "a eureka moment".  The finding reveal a new theory on how covid-19 impacts the body.  A fascinating and hugely informative read.  It also reinforced in me the importance of wearing a mask and keeping physical distancing.  Especially if you are in certain vulnerable groups or susceptible to getting covid-19.  Although I had read that those with hypertension or high blood pressure should be more careful, I did not understand why until now.  

The article also explains the reason why women may be more resistant to covid-19 than men. 

Supercomputer analyzes covid-19 and reveals a new theory

This one goes back to March 2020.  Related info on Ace-2 receptor (the doorway to covid-19) and Ace-2 inhibitors commonly used to treat hypertension and high blood pressure.

Ace-2 Receptor, the doorway to covid-19 (Ace Inhibitors and ARB's) - Youtube

by Ron Day on Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:56 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
A very enlightening article on Covid-19. Thanks for posting the link.

2 posts |