« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:44 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Canon Canada has been up and running since early August.  Haven’t been able to reach them last 2 days. There is a message in their 1-800 line.  Depending on where the call centre is, Mississauga(?), first thought that came to mind was, hope they didn’t find a positive Covid 19 case and had to close down for a few days to clean up. 

by Ed Cordes on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:58 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Same here in the USA. The www.Canonusa.com website says it is undergoing a redesign. This has been occurring for the past two days.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Ed Cordes on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:53 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Sorry for the second post, but I just got a  tweet that Canon has been hacked by Ransomware criminals and 10 TB of data was stolen.  I guess this is why the sites are down.  Here is a link to an article.  https://www.canonwatch.com/canon-has-be ... ta-stolen/
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by OntPhoto on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:12 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Ed Cordes wrote:Sorry for the second post, but I just got a  tweet that Canon has been hacked by Ransomware criminals and 10 TB of data was stolen.  I guess this is why the sites are down.  Here is a link to an article.  https://www.canonwatch.com/canon-has-be ... ta-stolen/
Thanks Ed.  That is sadly amazing.  Amazing that some companies still have not protected themselves againt this type of attack. I don't know much about ransomware except that in past incidents I've read in the news, those who have been attacked usually have to pay to unlock it.  This must also be linked to all the lost storagea few days ago?

Also an article on Bleeping Computer.
Canon confirms ransomware attack in internal memo

Found this on a DPR thread where same attackers publish 10s of GBs of internal data from Xerox and LG.
Article on ZDNet

4 posts |