All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Member #:01817
People should always pay attention to the warnings. For some reason, some people think that bison are just big cows. They are extremely dangerous and fast.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/8981476394/woman-72-gored-by-bison-in-yellowstone-after-allegedly-getting-within-10-feet-for-a-photo

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by WDCarrier on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:29 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
Cipolla's first law of stupidity: Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by OntPhoto on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:52 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Ten feet.  Was she using a macro lens?  Let me guess, a smartphone  :)

Many wildife have a certain threshold distance you can not cross before they start to feel uncomfortable and the survival instinct kicks in.  Ten feet is within goring distance.  Even 15 feet.  I would imagine at 30 feet you'd be geting dirty 'back-off' looks.  I've gotten those looks from moose from even further back than that.  

by Eduardo on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 am
Eduardo
Forum Contributor
Well, maybe I am an optimist but I would like to believe this lady may use this opportunity as a learning experience and not do it again. However, the realist in me will not bet money betting money she will not do it again. ;-)

4 posts |