Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by david fletcher on Wed May 20, 2020 12:25 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Only last week I learnt that Giraffe have now a population of barely 171,500 and are under threat, with a reduction of 40 % over the last 20 years.  Already in Africa, they are extinct in many countries.

Have attached an interesting link with the info on them.  Some notes on the population problems at the bottom of the 1st link.  The West African Giraffe being reduced to some 600 now.  The second link is easier read.  

GIRAFFES    and HERE    2nd Link easier to view.  

Here's a thought.  Latest elephant population is estimated at 440,000.  Giraffes less than half that.  
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by SantaFeJoe on Wed May 20, 2020 1:17 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I used post a lot of topics like this before the ECE forum was shut down. It’s important to be aware of these things, IMO. Thanks for posting this, David.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=249058

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by david fletcher on Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
SantaFeJoe wrote:I used post a lot of topics like this before the ECE forum was shut down. It’s important to be aware of these things, IMO. Thanks for posting this, David.

Joe

Thanks Joe.  it is as you say.  More than scary.  We need to start getting smart as a species lest we lose all that we should offer as an inheritance  for our children.

Currently, we offer as inheritance,  a world that has lost habitat, species extinct, plastic on the beaches, plastic granules in the seas, and whilst I'm on a roll, a few new viruses to thin us out courtesy of our mad world.  
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by SantaFeJoe on Wed May 20, 2020 5:32 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
True, David. Here’s what I posted not long before the ECE forum was closed:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=260956

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Ron Day on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:47 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
david fletcher wrote:
SantaFeJoe wrote:I used post a lot of topics like this before the ECE forum was shut down. It’s important to be aware of these things, IMO. Thanks for posting this, David.

Joe

Thanks Joe.  it is as you say.  More than scary.  We need to start getting smart as a species lest we lose all that we should offer as an inheritance  for our children.

Currently, we offer as inheritance,  a world that has lost habitat, species extinct, plastic on the beaches, plastic granules in the seas, and whilst I'm on a roll, a few new viruses to thin us out courtesy of our mad world.  
Well said, Dave!!!

5 posts |