Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by Larry Shuman on Sun May 17, 2020 12:33 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
I have a mini Ipad that I put my images on. I begin each year with a numbering system of 001, 002, etc. Now I see its not following the numerical order and mixing up where the images are in the collection. Why does this happen? I've been to the Apple store a couple times on this and they don't know what to do. I'm lost. Should I not use a numerical system and just put them  on the mini Ipad randomly ?

Thanks
Larry

by SantaFeJoe on Sun May 17, 2020 1:53 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I’m not sure if this will work, but try hitting the “+” symbol at the top of the gallery page and add a new album. Then add the photos, or at least a few, and see if it will sort them numerically by your assigned numbers. It might also have something to do with the metadata on the images, e.g. dates or image number assigned by your camera.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Larry Shuman on Sun May 17, 2020 2:28 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
My mini Ipad does not have a + sign at the top. It has<albums on the left and slideshow select on the right side top. Also I checked my IPod where I also put the images and its is correct. Everything is where its supposed to be. I have a win7pro computer and I'm putting win7 images on a apple Mini Ipad. Is there a disconnect there? I don't think so because my Ipod is correct,

by Larry Shuman on Sun May 17, 2020 2:46 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
Would it be better with the Ipad Mini to remove my numbering and then the Ipad will use the date to correctly place images. Newest will the most current date.

by SantaFeJoe on Sun May 17, 2020 7:35 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Larry Shuman wrote:My mini Ipad does not have a + sign at the top. It has<albums on the left and slideshow select on the right side top. Also I checked my IPod where I also put the images and its is correct. Everything is where its supposed to be. I have a win7pro computer and I'm putting win7 images on a apple Mini Ipad. Is there a disconnect there? I don't think so because my Ipod is correct,
Sorry I didn’t get back to you, but I was not at home. If you hit the <albums, there should then appear a + sign on the top left when the album view comes on. At least it does on my wife’s mini and my full size iPad. Then you can create a new album. Try it and it may do what you need without having to change anything.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by E.J. Peiker on Mon May 18, 2020 5:47 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
By default it displays them based on the photo taken time/date

by SantaFeJoe on Mon May 18, 2020 6:40 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:By default it displays them based on the photo taken time/date
That can be overridden by adding one image at a time to an album. When a new album is created, they are placed in the album in the order they are added and not by date. I’m not sure if it works that way by using other methods. When you are in an album, you can click and hold on an image in the gallery until the options appear. Chose “share” and then click on “Add to Album”. Then choose which album to add the image to. As an alternative, when viewing an image full page, click on the symbol at the top of the page that is a box with an upward arrow and select “Add to Album”. Then select the album to add it to.

Joe

by SantaFeJoe on Mon May 18, 2020 7:38 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Larry Shuman wrote:My mini Ipad does not have a + sign at the top. It has<albums on the left and slideshow select on the right side top. 
From the screen you mention, click on “Select” and you can choose an image by clicking on it. Then click on the box with an upward arrow at the upper left. Then choose “Add to Album”. Select an album to move it to, or create a new album. It may only work to keep the order you want by adding only one image at a time.

Joe

8 posts |