All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by calvin1calvin on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:08 am
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
My wife and I had a trip booked to Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone NP for the second week of May.  Covid 19 squashed those plans as well as other trips we had planned.  We had booked our airfare with miles, hotel with points and rental car with points.  Holiday Inn Express and Enterprise car rental automatically redeposited the points after I requested the cancellation without any contact by me to them requesting the points be redeposited.  That is what I call great customer service.The airlines, a different story.  I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a service representative trying to have my miles redeposited and/or making a new reservation for later in the year.  It was going to cost an additional 120 to make a new reservation or 220 to redeposit my miles.  The new reservation had limited flight availability so I chose to pay the additional 220 to have my miles returned.  (That is what I call poor customer service.)  I know the airlines are having a difficult time but this type of customer service to loyal frequent fliers amazes me.  I would think that is the customer base they would like to please.  I prefer to not name the airline involved.  Thanks for reading.  

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:14 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Well if you are from Beaumont and presumably flying out of one of two Houston airports we can pretty much guess which of two airlines it is ;)

by WDCarrier on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:21 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
My wife and I scheduled a trip on the Rocky Mtn. Railroad for this June, transferring to a rental car in Jasper and touring the parks in that area.  We paid $8000 for the tour, $700 for the airfare to and from and $700 for trip insurance.  The trip was cancelled but Canadian Railroad would only provide us with a voucher for another trip of 110% of the value of this trip.  The voucher is non-transferrable, has no monetary value and must be redeemed by December, 2021.  They have refused to provide a refund.  As I paid in full using my VISA card I have turned it over to my bank.  The travel insurance, now not providing insurance for anything as the trip has been cancelled, also refuses to provide a refund.  Canadian Air offered me $10 per $360 ticket even as their flights have been cancelled or rerouted.  Buyer beware!
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by Ed Cordes on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:56 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
As I mentioned in another thread, Gail and I had reservations to Iceland leaving on May 8 and Singapore leaving on June 22. We had TravelGuard Insurance on both flights. Delta cancelled the Iceland flight and we are waiting to see if they will cancel the Singapore flight. While we submitted a claim to Delta to get a refund, we are still waiting for Delta to decide if they are returning $ of ecredits. In the meantime, the good news is that TravelGuard stepped up to the plate and is issuing refunds for the insurance we paid for each of the flights mentioned above. Way to go TravelGuard. You did the right thing and have my business in the future. Delta - Are you listening?
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by mikeojohnson on Fri May 01, 2020 5:57 am
mikeojohnson
Lifetime Member
Member #:00374
We had a good experience with Delta. When the shelter order came down we had two flights booked. One to India in April, which was expensive. Delta provided a refund to my credit card and Amex transferred the funds to my bank. The second flight was from Florida to Colorado to see the kids. Delta gave us a credit. But then they extended its expiration until the end of 2022.

As an aside, Delta also extended our current sky miles status through 2021.

As the the venues in India, which was a trip to photograph tigers, they "postponed" the reservation until a later date. We are still waiting to find out about the park fees, which were substantial. It was helpful that India stopped issuing incoming visas.

Mike
"Photography intensifies the experience of life"
http://www.mojphoto.com

by photoman4343 on Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 am
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
My wife and I had tickets purchased with United miles and extra fees for seats with more leg room on a round trip flight from Houston to Phoenix the first week of March. We cancelled our trip because of the virus threat. I called United custom service and they agreed to credit the miles back to my account and reversed the seat charges on my credit card. I was amazed as to how polite the rep was and how easy it was to do as my prior dealings with United rarely were very satisfactory. 
Joe Smith

by calvin1calvin on Fri May 01, 2020 11:10 am
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
I wasn't that lucky with United. Had to purchase my miles back but I did get a refund for the extra leg room and sales taxes paid.

by sdaconsulting on Sun May 03, 2020 3:30 pm
sdaconsulting
Forum Contributor
Don't worry, we US citizens are paying billions of dollars in bailouts to the owners of these airlines for this bad customer service!
Matthew Cromer

8 posts |