« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:49 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
My friends at LensCoat, a company that has supported me and my photography since it's inception steps up and retasks their manufacturing facility in New Jersey to make personal protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare providers.

From the LensCoat Facebook page:

"At LensCoat, we know how to sew patterns. That's why we are using our sewing skills to make masks for people during the pandemic. We are working with a local group that is donating most of the fabric and LensCoat is donating the machines and labor. The masks are being donated to local community hospital, which has been hit hard by the pandemic, and first responders. We are committed to the safety and well-being of our employees, customer, and community. Stay safe."

by Lloyd Spitalnik on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:09 am
Lloyd Spitalnik
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:My friends at LensCoat, a company that has supported me and my photography since it's inception steps up and retasks their manufacturing facility in New Jersey to make personal protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare providers.

From the LensCoat Facebook page:

"At LensCoat, we know how to sew patterns. That's why we are using our sewing skills to make masks for people during the pandemic. We are working with a local group that is donating most of the fabric and LensCoat is donating the machines and labor. The masks are being donated to local community hospital, which has been hit hard by the pandemic, and first responders. We are committed to the safety and well-being of our employees, customer, and community. Stay safe."
Great company, great owner and excellent products. 
Lloyd Spitalnik
http://lloydspitalnikphotos.com
http://blog.lloydspitalnikphotos.com

by Rocky Sharwell on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 pm
Rocky Sharwell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00054
Funny.....have been thinking of using the lens coat cover for my 600 hood as a mask....
Rocky Sharwell

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:24 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Rocky Sharwell wrote:Funny.....have been thinking of using the lens coat cover for my 600 hood as a mask....
You'd be sucking in air over the top or from underneath which means no filtration.  You can't suck air through neoprene.  the masks that LensCoat are making are not the same material.

by Ed Cordes on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:02 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Another great company stepping up to the plate. Way to go!!
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by amp5213 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm
amp5213
Lifetime Member
Member #:00406
Great job Scott!

by Jim Zipp on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:35 am
Jim Zipp
Lifetime Member
Member #:00150
Knowing the people at LensCoat I'm not at all surprised. Wonderful gesture.
Jim Zipp
http://www.jimzippphotography.com

7 posts |