Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by alecras234 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:15 pm
alecras234
Forum Contributor
Hi my name is Ash, I'm 41 from North Wales.   I'm disabled and use a wheelchair.  I like going birdwatching with my able bodied mate but

I want to start going birdwatching on my own with my camera.   There is a road next to an estuary which runs along side the menai straits which is a stretch of water running between the welsh mainland and Anglesey.    There's a hide along the roadside but i'm not able to access it.

I had a mount made which fits to my wheelchair to hold my camera because i can only use my left hand.   I'm thinking of taking a stroll along the road in the summer to see what birds i can see on the estuary.   What is the best time to see birds/waders on an estuary?

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:50 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Sorry for the delay in getting you activated and getting your first post on the board. Future posts will get on instantly (I was traveling).

Birds generally are most active in the early morning hours up to about 2 hours after sunrise and then again in the last two hours of sunlight. this is also the time for the best light so it is a win-win! :)

2 posts |