fbpixel

Moderators: Greg Downing, E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC - 5 hours

  
« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by Ed Cordes on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 am
User avatar
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Posts: 4142
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Location: Corning, NY
Member #:00700
I don't know if I am the only one, but recently I have not been getting emails from NSN regarding posts when I have checked the box "notify me when a reply is posted".  I have checked and my email listed in my profile is correct. 
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy
 

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 60707
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Ed Cordes wrote:
I don't know if I am the only one, but recently I have not been getting emails from NSN regarding posts when I have checked the box "notify me when a reply is posted".  I have checked and my email listed in my profile is correct. 


Ed, I have checked in your Profile listings under 'preferences' and where it says 'notify me of replies by default' - 'No' is selected.  This would explain why you're not getting them.  I have changed it to read 'Yes'.  Please let me know if you still don't get them.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Ed Cordes on Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:23 pm
User avatar
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Posts: 4142
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Location: Corning, NY
Member #:00700
Carol Clarke wrote:
Ed Cordes wrote:
I don't know if I am the only one, but recently I have not been getting emails from NSN regarding posts when I have checked the box "notify me when a reply is posted".  I have checked and my email listed in my profile is correct. 


Ed, I have checked in your Profile listings under 'preferences' and where it says 'notify me of replies by default' - 'No' is selected.  This would explain why you're not getting them.  I have changed it to read 'Yes'.  Please let me know if you still don't get them.

Carol.


Thanks Carol.  Wonder how that happened?  Oh well, cyber gremlins?
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy
 

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:43 pm
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 60707
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Ed Cordes wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:
Ed Cordes wrote:
I don't know if I am the only one, but recently I have not been getting emails from NSN regarding posts when I have checked the box "notify me when a reply is posted".  I have checked and my email listed in my profile is correct. 


Ed, I have checked in your Profile listings under 'preferences' and where it says 'notify me of replies by default' - 'No' is selected.  This would explain why you're not getting them.  I have changed it to read 'Yes'.  Please let me know if you still don't get them.

Carol.


Thanks Carol.  Wonder how that happened?  Oh well, cyber gremlins?


I find computers/internet etc. a constant source of wonder, Ed!  Great when they work smoothly, and a nightmare when there's a hiccup.  :wink:

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Ed Cordes on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:54 am
User avatar
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Posts: 4142
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Location: Corning, NY
Member #:00700
Carol Clarke wrote:
Ed Cordes wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:
Ed Cordes wrote:
I don't know if I am the only one, but recently I have not been getting emails from NSN regarding posts when I have checked the box "notify me when a reply is posted".  I have checked and my email listed in my profile is correct. 


Ed, I have checked in your Profile listings under 'preferences' and where it says 'notify me of replies by default' - 'No' is selected.  This would explain why you're not getting them.  I have changed it to read 'Yes'.  Please let me know if you still don't get them.

Carol.


Thanks Carol.  Wonder how that happened?  Oh well, cyber gremlins?


I find computers/internet etc. a constant source of wonder, Ed!  Great when they work smoothly, and a nightmare when there's a hiccup.  :wink:

Carol.

Thanks for trying this Carol.  However, I am sorry to report it still is not working.  I have checked my spam folder and nothing is there.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy
 

by Carol Clarke on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:39 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 60707
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Thanks Ed,  its now time to call in our tech expert on this.  I have sent him an email, and he will take a look - maybe not today as its Sunday, but I know he will respond as soon as he can.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Ed Cordes on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:10 pm
User avatar
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Posts: 4142
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Location: Corning, NY
Member #:00700
Thank you. Sorry it's a pain.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy
 

by Carol Clarke on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:00 pm
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 60707
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Ed Cordes wrote:
Thank you.  Sorry it's a pain.




No problem, Ed.  When we get things that need sorting, I'm like a terrier with a rat.  :D 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Carol Clarke on Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:21 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 60707
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Ed, our investigations have shown that 25 emails have been sent to you over the last few days, and they have all been 'deferred' (blocked by your email provider).

I will put the rest of our results in a PM to you.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Carol Clarke on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:23 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 60707
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Private Message sent Tuesday 18th Feb, Ed.

Carol.


 
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
10 posts | 
  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group