Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Wildflower-nut on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
I'm working on a trip to iceland.  Last time I went, their in US gate was manned by british air who didn't care what the size and weight was if it had wheels check it.  I managed to talk my way through.  Coming back, I think you could have carried on virtually anything.  How are they these days.  Probably fly business class.  I think Delta, United, and American have seasonal service.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:39 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You will almost never have a problem in business class. In coach it very much depends on the agent so standing back and observing to see which ones are checking and which ones aren't is always a good idea.

by Mark Boranyak on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:55 am
Mark Boranyak
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:You will almost never have a problem in business class.  In coach it very much depends on the agent so standing back and observing to see which ones are checking and which ones aren't is always a good idea.

My experience with Iceland Air last August from Kansas City and back mirrors what E.J. said. If you're flying economy and your carry on looks oversized and overweight, watch out for the roving "bag police".

by AForns on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:06 pm
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
Have made several trips on Iceland Air and never had a problem with carry on, business or coach, All trips have been during Winter, don’t know if it makes a difference.

Should be a great trip, best of luck
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

4 posts |