Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:13 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Too many visitors will deteriorate this place, along with possible fracking in the area. The reason I encourage this community to go is that I think we are not the destructive kind and it could be lost before too long.

Bisti Badlands

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Bruce Sherman on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 pm
Bruce Sherman
Forum Contributor
I have been to Bisti Badlands and found it to be very interesting and very photogenic. The few hours before sundown are the best time.

The last time I visited I got two flat tires and only had one spare. It was a long story but I won't tell the details. The reason I got the two flats - both within about 5 seconds, is that I was lured into what I thought a very nice spot for a photo. I drove through a gate in a barbed wire fence, not realizing that there were two stubs of old steel fence posts sticking up. A sound I never want to hear again, two tires losing air quickly and becoming flat within about 5 seconds.
Bruce Sherman
[url]http://www.pbase.com/brucesherman[/url]

by WDCarrier on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:40 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
It won't take long. Just read some reports on photographing in Antelope Canyon these days.  Sounds like a trip to Disney World in June would be more pristine.  Glad I walked the canyon in 1968 (but without a camera...darn!)  These days I'm beginning to believe Pogo was right on.
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by Alan Melle on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:20 am
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041
WDCarrier wrote: These days I'm beginning to believe Pogo was right on.

I agree, Pogo was right!
Alan Melle
NSN0041

by Vivek on Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:51 pm
Vivek
Lifetime Member
Member #:01186
That looks straight out of a Star Wars movie! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully some day!
-- Vivek Khanzode
http://www.birdpixel.com

by WildOne1 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:23 pm
WildOne1
Forum Contributor
What a little gem. Thank you for sharing. There is so much fracking going on in New Mexico that most people don't even know about, it is the "Permian Basin" down there after all. Yes, I think it's best to talk about locations like these with those that we really feel will take care of them.
No pressure, no diamonds. Thomas Carlyle

6 posts |