Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:49 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Canon 200 EG Deluxe backpack.  I thought this compact backpack was discontinued some time ago.  But I see it in stock at B&H and Amazon.  Are they bringing this model back or just overstock?  They still sell it on eBay. 

by OntPhoto on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:45 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
I like the Canon 200 EG backpack so much that I wanted to get a backup.  At the time, indications I saw were that the 200 EG backpack was discontinued but continued to be sold on eBay.  The Amazon Basic backpack comes very close to looking just like the Canon except it doesn't have a real compartment at the back.  I put water bottles back there and they keep falling out.  The Canon has a real compartment that holds water bottles and more.  The advantage of the Amazon Basic at this size of compact backpack, is that it has a tripod holder on the side whereas the Canon does not have that. Well, it kind of does as there is a strap and a side pocket where you can place the legs of the tripod.  

Well, my new Canon 200 EG has arrived from Amazon.  At first glance it looks like my old one.  But I did see a difference inside one of the pocket compartments.  It has 3 velcro pockets for memory cards.  On the old model there is no such pocket but instead a plastic clip.  Everything else looks the same at first glance.  Maybe it's been redesigned slightly and re-released?  I would imagine there is a demand for a camera bag of this size.  Amazon made an almost identical one and it's probably selling well.

by OntPhoto on Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:00 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
I just discovered the Amazon Basic backpack weakness. The zipper. Not the zipper itself but the metal clasp and plastic where you grasp the zipper. One broke off and the metal bends easily. I expect more to break so may have to super glue it now so it doesn't come off.

3 posts |