Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:04 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
A couple of days ago, I saw an article on macro photography by a very young photographer. I wondered why it was published on an established photography site, since only about two of the accompanying images had any amount of focus or interest and were nothing most established photographers would publish as great examples of macro photography. Not trying to be arrogant, but it could easily sidetrack a newbie to macro. This article in the link posted below starts out by referring to a similar YouTube video. David has some great thoughts on photography and creativity and I like reading his views.

https://davidduchemin.com/2019/07/the-biggest-misconceptions-in-photography/

Here’s another article that I liked:

https://davidduchemin.com/2019/03/the-paralysis-of-perfection/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by DChan on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:22 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:A couple of days ago, I saw an article on macro photography by a very young photographer. I wondered why it was published on an established photography site, since only about two of the accompanying images had any amount of focus or interest and were nothing most established photographers would publish as great examples of macro photography..[snip]

Could you post a link to that article, Joe ?

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:56 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote: Could you post a link to that article, Joe ?
No, but I will send it to you in a PM. I don’t want to make it public for the writers sake.

PM sent.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:59 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Here’s a link to a good article on macro:

https://fstoppers.com/originals/macro-p ... tly-385678

Joe

by DChan on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:14 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:
No, but I will send it to you in a PM. I don’t want to make it public for the writers sake.

PM sent.

Joe
Got it. Thanks !

by Andrew_5488 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:52 am
Andrew_5488
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:

PM sent.

Joe
BUt it is public already since it was published, no ?
What's the point of your post if we can't agree or disagree with your observation ?
Thoughts to ponder - why did you make that post.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:09 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Andrew_5488 wrote:BUt it is public already since it was published, no ?
What's the point of your post if we can't agree or disagree with your observation ?
Thoughts to ponder - why did you make that post.
The point has nothing to do with that article directly. You don't have to agree or disagree with my opinion on that article. The point is that a photographer has to think when reading any so called "rules" dealing with photographic processes and ignore the uninformed writings that are distracting to what is important to your art. A person can get so sidetracked and distracted from their creativity by trying to figure out what pleases others that they forget that no mechanics make the art, but the eye  does. That is the point to ponder in David's article. Think independently of others "boxes".

Joe

7 posts |