All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Jeff Colburn on Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

Here's another blow to camera manufacturers, a 64MP camera phone sensor.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/samsungs-64mp-camera-phone-sensor-outmuscles-any-canon-or-nikon-camera?utm_content=buffer411f4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer_dcwfb&fbclid=IwAR2GlyhUj5bNESWfXOySOrN1Ho3Yvr6HB4fDmBN40exjAid5mn3z__Sl_mQ

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by Ed Cordes on Wed May 15, 2019 8:06 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Interesting. I noticed that if you want better IQ the software can combine 4 pixels into one for a total Rez of 16 MP. Phone sensors are rather small, but I would assume for most "consumers" using their phones as a point and shoot meets their needs. Of course, the problem is that if the real camera manufacturers can't sell P&S cameras there is less revenue stream to fund the pro equipment we want.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Jeff Colburn on Thu May 16, 2019 11:56 am
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

One problem is that the camera manufacturers use to make money from low end point-and-shoot cameras. Now, that money is going to phone manufacturers.

Things are going to be interesting for a while.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by SantaFeJoe on Fri May 17, 2019 4:01 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Between things like this, the periscope type telephoto lenses and the ability to shoot several-second shots in very dark conditions, phones with modern camera features will satisfy many people who are not pixel peepers. Heck, they already impress me with what I can do with them and their tiny sensors. To people who demand the highest quality image, phones are still a long ways off from fulfilling their needs, but they are rapidly moving forward.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

4 posts |