All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Jeff Colburn on Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

Here's another blow to camera manufacturers, a 64MP camera phone sensor.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/samsungs-64mp-camera-phone-sensor-outmuscles-any-canon-or-nikon-camera?utm_content=buffer411f4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer_dcwfb&fbclid=IwAR2GlyhUj5bNESWfXOySOrN1Ho3Yvr6HB4fDmBN40exjAid5mn3z__Sl_mQ

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store 25 Places To Sell Your Photographs And Photography Skills and The Vanishing Old West - Jerome

by Ed Cordes on Wed May 15, 2019 8:06 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Interesting. I noticed that if you want better IQ the software can combine 4 pixels into one for a total Rez of 16 MP. Phone sensors are rather small, but I would assume for most "consumers" using their phones as a point and shoot meets their needs. Of course, the problem is that if the real camera manufacturers can't sell P&S cameras there is less revenue stream to fund the pro equipment we want.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Jeff Colburn on Thu May 16, 2019 11:56 am
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

One problem is that the camera manufacturers use to make money from low end point-and-shoot cameras. Now, that money is going to phone manufacturers.

Things are going to be interesting for a while.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store 25 Places To Sell Your Photographs And Photography Skills and The Vanishing Old West - Jerome

by SantaFeJoe on Fri May 17, 2019 4:01 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Member #:01817
Between things like this, the periscope type telephoto lenses and the ability to shoot several-second shots in very dark conditions, phones with modern camera features will satisfy many people who are not pixel peepers. Heck, they already impress me with what I can do with them and their tiny sensors. To people who demand the highest quality image, phones are still a long ways off from fulfilling their needs, but they are rapidly moving forward.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

4 posts | 

People Who Like This: