Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Jeff Colburn on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:15 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Every day, $600,000,000,000 worth of photographs are stolen. Read more here https://www.pdnonline.com/photography-business/copyright-law/how-many-photos-are-stolen-every-day/?fbclid=IwAR0Rm5Nt6jtUCackL6u4fEdSZzKvd7KwNqwcB5ZyjoTjNr_i1tyVdNJWq9U

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by WDCarrier on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:27 am
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
When the world’s photographers lost the physical retention of their negatives and transparencies (augmented by “sharing” digital files on the internet), the cat was out of the bag and there was no holding back the thievery of images. As long as an image can be projected on ones’ computer screen it is available for theft. In addition, the millions of images now being captured makes it almost impossible to pick ones’ personal images out of the fray. As I’ve previously indicated, every image of a bear catching a salmon in McNeil Falls has already been taken. Everything in the future is simply a duplicate.
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by DChan on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:03 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
...Copytrack allows access to its reverse image search service for free and even offers to take care of the enforcement of copyright law without any financial or legal risk to the user...
You sure it's not Copytrack's way to market its business?? :)

...Two studies from IMGembed and Copytrack show that of the 3 billion images shared on the internet daily, around 85 percent are used without a valid license...
I have a feeling quite a few of them are food and cat photos :-) I doubt many of them worth $200 apiece.

Copytrack's pricing in case anyone is interested:

https://www.copytrack.com/pricing/

by Jeff Colburn on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:34 am
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
WDCarrier - Yes, digitization has decimated every industry that it's touched. That includes: photography, publishing, music and art. I talk about this in an article I wrote here http://www.jeffcolburn.com/articles/the ... destroyer/

DChan - I have no doubt that one of the reasons to write this article is to promote Copytrack's business. Writing articles is a great way for a company to promote their products and services.

As for the price, a lot of the stolen images could have been purchased on microstock sites for $25, while those from well known photographers would have cost many hundreds, or thousands, of dollars. It probably averages out to the $200 mentioned. And don't forget that some of these stolen images are being used on product packages, which could cost in the thousands for each use.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

4 posts |