All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:48 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Pretty cool encounter:

https://petapixel.com/2019/01/28/wild-arctic-fox-walks-up-to-landscape-photographer-to-check-out-camera/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Ed Cordes on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:04 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Absolutely cool! We were told during our trip to Churchill this past November that the Arctic Fox were curious. Unfortunately we didn't run into any. We did have several encounters with a Cross Fox and his bride. I understand that may have kept the arctic fox away.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Brian Stirling on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:59 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
Looks like they loop the same footage twice but no matter, that had to be quite an experience. The fox family as well as most of the cat family are simply gorgeous particularly when young as this kit appears to be. Definitely worth having to replace the lens hood from being nibbled on though in this case it doesn't look like the little bugger did any damage to it.

There was another fox encounter some years ago where the fox came around to the other side of the camera and appeared to be looking at the screen -- I guess the fox was chimping.

Brian

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:16 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Here’s one of a Red Fox and there are other images to see by clicking on the arrows or the images:

https://www.boredpanda.com/fox-with-cam ... gn=organic

I remember a fox in Patagonia(?) that came up to Art Wolfe, as well.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

4 posts |