Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
When I started in photography 29 years ago, I struggled with composition because I never had studied art and books just weren’t very informative to me. I still have trouble at times figuring how to compose certain images. I found this article just now that may be of interest, especially to beginners.

https://photographylife.com/elements-of-composition-photography

After the article, there are links to other articles on composition, but I didn’t check them out yet.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by david fletcher on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:27 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Thanks for this Joe.  But want to add before I indulge I just want to say how important that little statement  ... "learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist "....  

I've always felt an accord with that.

And now I've read, a very useful article... Very informed and most certainly better articulated than I anticipated or could replicate.  I like particularly space, colour and balance...  Big thumbs up.  Part mix of Objects and Relationships.  Spencer seems a very cool dude. 
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ed Cordes on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:04 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I also found the article very well done. Wile it covered the basics it didn't emphasize things like the rule of thirds etc. Being a bit more loose in describing the elements of composition allows one to imagine the variations without being "boxed in" so to speak.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

3 posts |