Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
This article from Sony highlights some interesting places to shoot in northern AZ:

Northern AZ

I especially liked the images from Rattlesnake Canyon. There is a lot of potential there.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by whitedog2 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:16 pm
whitedog2
Forum Contributor
I am heart-broken.............If any place deserved NOT to be featured nationally, it was Rattlesnake Canyon. All the other places can handle literally THOUSANDS of people a day. Poor little RSC is short (less than 3/8 of a mile), extremely narrow, and best seen in groups of less than 5 people (including the guide)......meaning that it can actually accomodate a handful of folks each day. 4 morning, 4 sunset and maybe 12 during the rest of the day. Ah, well, another neat place outed and soon to be ruined by over-demand. At least there is some hope that the families controlling access will do that -- control access --. I remember only too well what happened to Big Sheep Canyon after Peter Lik popularized it on TV a few years back.

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
whitedog2 wrote:I am heart-broken.............If any place deserved NOT to be featured nationally, it was Rattlesnake Canyon. 
I absolutely agree with you on this. Some places should not be publicized. I have a few of my own that I refuse to take anyone to or tell anyone about. The only reason I put this link here was because, if it was already out there, I would rather a few people here have a shot at it before it too is ruined and overshot by others. That's pretty much what happened at Bosque. When I started my photography back in 1989, I had it mostly to myself. Now, that is a distant dream.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:24 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Here’s another story about publicizing your image locations:

https://fstoppers.com/originals/please-stop-tagging-locations-your-outdoor-photographs-291790

Joe

4 posts |