Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by rene on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 am
rene
Forum Contributor
Hi I am looking into revisiting Yellowstone in Jan/Feb 2019 for a wildlife/landscape trip. Can anyone recommend a good outfitter catering for some serious photography? I’m UK based.
Thanks for any input
Rene de Heer 

by SantaFeJoe on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:52 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
You might want to look into this one:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=277623

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by rene on Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:09 am
rene
Forum Contributor
Thanks Joe! I have been with him on my first trip a nr if years ago but unfortunately the second week is fully booked in 2019. A week is too short for me if I have to fly half way around the globe! Really need longer then that.

by Bruce Sherman on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:05 pm
Bruce Sherman
Forum Contributor
Rene,

A few years ago my wife and I went with Jess Lee (http://jessleephotos.com/Yellowstone-Ph ... r-Feb.html). I highly recommend him. There were only four people (my wife and I and two others) on the trip. Accommodations were good (one night at Old Faithful Snow Lodge, the others at a decent motel in Gardiner, MT). We ate meals together and the cost of the meals was not included in the price of the trip.

Several days were spent in Jess's large van, cruising the Lamar Valley between Gardiner and Cook City, with numerous photo ops - bison, elk, pronghorns, bighorn sheep, one wolf, coyotes, and other subjects. The highlight of the trip was a trip in a snow coach into the interior of the park with one night at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. We had an unbelievable encounter with one wolf - the alpha female of the Canyon Pack. At two different times she walked, carrying part of an elk leg, past us and just a few feet away. You can see one of my pics at http://www.pbase.com/brucesherman/image/148659992.

It was very cold. If you take this trip, or any others to Yellowstone in winter, buy some really good boots and gloves/mittens.
Bruce Sherman
[url]http://www.pbase.com/brucesherman[/url]

by tom walker on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:04 pm
tom walker
Forum Contributor
You absolutely can not go with a better photo instructor, leader and nicer person than Barbara Eddy (formerly Gerlach.) Knows the park from living nearby very well. Her contact info is BarbaraEddyPhotography@gmail.com. Over 30 years experience worldwide.

by David Osborn on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:11 am
David Osborn
Forum Contributor
Hi Rene. Accept my apologies as I’ve only just picked up. If you’re still interested check out my website www.davidosbornphotography.co.uk I’ve got 2 slots just released.
Hope you’re still interested.
Best regards
David
David Osborn
Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society, Ex-Chairman of the RPS Nature group and Chairman of the RPS Nature Distinctions Panel
http://www.davidosbornphotography.co.uk

by rene on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:42 pm
rene
Forum Contributor
Many thanks for the replies. I contacted Jess Lee but has only 1 week available and as I fly from the UK a week is too short to visit Yellowstone. I have already been to Yellowstone in winter a few years ago and spent there 9 full days. I checked out Barbara Eddy but they do not arrange for pick up and drop off from Bozeman, which means extra cost, January is not going to work as I run a tour myself to Spain, so only option is to join a tour in February.
Thanks again
Rene de Heer

7 posts |