All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 16 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Today, August 16, 2018 marks NatureScapes.net’s 15th year online.

In 2003 NatureScapes was just an idea. Greg Downing, E.J. Peiker, Heather Forcier, and others started NatureScapes with a few articles and a bulletin board for sharing photos. The goal was to be the premier site for nature photographers to share and learn from each other.

2003 was a time when digital photography was just getting started. Who knew it would explode into what it is today!

As a special thank you, NSN is offering two great deals:

1. Take 15% off the entire store through August 31. Simply use code NSN15 at checkout (some exclusions may apply).

2. 50% off annual NatureScapes memberships, good for renewals and new members! Use code MEMBERHALFOFF at checkout through August 31.

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:35 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Congratulations and thanks to all who have made it possible. I know it’s much more work than most people would ever think it is. Thanks, E.J., for posting the specials and for all the work you do and info you provide. It is much appreciated!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by david fletcher on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:10 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
SantaFeJoe wrote:Congratulations and thanks to all who have made it possible. I know it’s much more work than most people would ever think it is. Thanks, E.J., for posting the specials and for all the work you do and info you provide. It is much appreciated!

Joe
Ditto that.  Just want to add my thanks to those and appreciation for all their hard work and guidance.  

Dave
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by richard bledsoe on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:30 pm
richard bledsoe
Forum Contributor
Many Thanks EJ, for your insights and advice over the years, they have helped me greatly. :-)

by KK Hui on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:05 pm
KK Hui
Member #:00536
Big Congratulations to NSN !
I'm proud to be part of this community ...
KK Hui  FRPS
Fellow of The Royal Photographic Society
Personal Website | Portfolio @ Flickr

Lifetime Member NSN 0536

by Mike in O on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Hope for another 15...Cheers Mike

by MND on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:29 pm
MND
Forum Contributor
Great place to come for helpful advice and info sharing.

Many thanks E.J.

by Swissblad on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:18 pm
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Congrats NSN.

Thanks for your valuable input EJ.

by Robert on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:11 am
Robert
Forum Contributor
Congrats NSN! For a teenager you are remarkably well behaved, generous, and demonstrate wisdom beyond your years! :D

by Phil Shaw on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:31 pm
Phil Shaw
Forum Contributor
Member #:00106
Here's to another 15 years (at least) - where's the beer swilling emoji?
Many thanks Greg and EJ.
Phil Shaw
Essex, UK
[color=#008000][url]http://www.naturephotopro.com[/url][/color]

by Bill Chambers on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:51 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thanks to Greg, Heather, and especially to you E.J.!!! You have pulled my bacon out of the fire so many times with your always helpful computer and technology knowledge, plus I always enjoy your technical articles and reviews. You're correct too, that who knew digital would change the face of photography like it has. mostly good, and in some no-so-good ways as well.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by calvin1calvin on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:16 pm
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
I am very thankful for helpful NSN community over the years.  It's hard to believe it's been 15 yrs.  A special community of photographers helping other photographers.  I remember meeting a number of the members at the first get together at the Bosque years ago.  I thought to myself as the weekend ended how nice it was to have some folks with the knowledge to answer questions about just about anything.  Hats off to the entire community.  Let's continue the principal of sharing knowledge, experiences and photographic excellence.  Happy Birthday, a few days late.  

by Vivek on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:35 pm
Vivek
Lifetime Member
Member #:01186
Congratulations!
-- Vivek Khanzode
http://www.birdpixel.com

by Primus on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:13 am
Primus
Lifetime Member
Member #:02003
I am a late comer to NSN. I can happily say that the best help I have received has been on this forum. There are so many people here who are not only experts in their field but are humble and willing to help no matter how stupid the question may seem. There is no condescension here unlike some other places I could mention. EJ, Royce, Greg, Chas have all been wonderful. I can't thank you all enough. I became a life-member as soon as I realized this is definitely one place worth supporting.

Congratulations, all of you, and may NSN continue to be what it is - the best place for learning and sharing our love for photography.

Pradeep

by Richard B. on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:07 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Congratulations to NatureScapes.net. This site has been an incredible help through the years as I was dragged from film to digital. I never would have made it to whatever my current knowledge of digital photography is without the help of this website. Thanks to Greg, E.J. and Heather for the endless number of hours they unselfishly put in to make it a success. And also thanks to all the members who are willing to contribute their knowledge for everyone to use.

Very Much Appreciated.

Richard B.

by Ed Cordes on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:26 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Congratulations to all at NSN who have made this site wonderful. I have learned so much about photography and computer tech info it is hard to quantify. Most of all, the kind instructive critiques have allowed my imaging to advance well beyond my dreams. Thank you for al you do.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

16 posts |