All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by Jeff Colburn on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:18 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Did someone use your photo without permission? If so, check this out [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://fstoppers.com/originals/what-if-even-smallest-copyright-infringement-paid-out-30000-253017 [/font]

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store 25 Places To Sell Your Photographs And Photography Skills and The Vanishing Old West - Jerome

by archfotos on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:29 am
archfotos
Forum Contributor
That's nice and all, however the lawyer get's his big house and the photographer get's satisfaction after all the stress of a court case. Yeh!

I have gone to court over negatives even if you win you never win. My hats off to those who fight the good fight. I just found another one of my photos, taken from my site and placed on a site (UK) with countless ads. It's a site dedicated to designers, I'm glad I have my fairly large watermark advertising my site on the picture.

I'm amazed at how many cool pictures I see on this site that don't have fairly prominent watermarks. No it doesn't take away from the composition or the viewer's ability to see the beauty in the photo and if bothers someone - well they can always license it. It would be nice if photographer's who were serious about their craft made sure all their images that were online were watermarked to subtly say photography has value and no it's not free

2 posts |