« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Brian K. on Thu May 31, 2018 11:05 am
Brian K.
Lifetime Member
Member #:00115
Could this be true?

Canon announced Wednesday it would end sales of its EOS-1v, the last remaining model of film camera that the company has sold in Japan. The company’s film cameras, which symbolize Canon’s old-time roots, will come to the end of their 80-year history.
As the sales of film cameras have been on a decline due to the spread of digital cameras, the company stopped the production of the EOS-1v in 2010 and currently is shipping its remaining stock.
The company said it will continue to accept repair orders and other customer inquiries until Oct. 31, 2025, even after finishing selling the product.
Canon’s film cameras have a sales history of about 80 years since the company’s predecessor released the Hansa Canon in 1936, having developed it from a prototype.
http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0004478492
[b]Brian D. Kennedy[/b]
[b]NSN 0115[/b]
http://www.bdkennedy.com

by E.J. Peiker on Thu May 31, 2018 11:36 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Brian, when you cut an paste text, please make sure it is unformatted.  It can be very difficult to read with all of the HTML tags. :)

I've fixed this to make it legible but can't do that for every post that people cut and paste.  Usually it's best just to post a link or if you do have to cut and paste you have two options:
1. Edit the paste by eliminating the HTML tags by clicking on the little piece of paper above the text ibput box.
2. First paste the text into a basic text editor and then copy it from there and paste it into NSN.

by Ed Cordes on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:27 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I am not surprised at all. What really surprises me is that there are any film bodies left to sell.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

3 posts |