All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by Andrew_5488 on Fri May 04, 2018 3:53 pm
Andrew_5488
Forum Contributor
From email blast:

"60 MINUTES will showcase the extraordinary wildlife images of Thomas D. Mangelsen, one the world’s foremost nature photographers, on Sunday, May 6 at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT on CBS. Anderson Cooper interviews Mangelsen about his work and accompanies him on a wildlife shoot in Wyoming for this profile, in which Jane Goodall, his friend and collaborator, also appears."

by SantaFeJoe on Fri May 04, 2018 3:55 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Thanks for posting this.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Sun May 06, 2018 7:54 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Just finished watching it. Really enjoyed his story. Makes me appreciate the two prints of his I own even more, especially the grizzly. Again, thanks for posting this.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Robert on Sun May 06, 2018 8:26 pm
Robert
Forum Contributor
Yea, I too appreciate this post so I had a chance to watch it. I very much appreciate Tom's old school nature photography and ethics. I wished the part of 60 minutes on him and his photography was longer. And not surprised to see him with Jane Goodall with their shared animal ethics.

by SantaFeJoe on Sun May 06, 2018 9:27 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Robert wrote:Yea, I too appreciate this post so I had a chance to watch it. I very much appreciate Tom's old school nature photography and ethics. I wished the part of 60 minutes on him and his photography was longer. And not surprised to see him with Jane Goodall with their shared animal ethics.
I especially liked when Jane asked him “Next year, do you think you could invest in a silent camera?”. There is a bit more in 60 Minutes Overtime here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jane-and-tom-take-in-wildlife-and-whiskey/

Joe

by OntPhoto on Sun May 06, 2018 10:16 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
I was out photographing owls (I have my priorities) but watched it online when I got home.  All I can say is, one very fortunate guy to be doing that for a living.

Let me clarify the photography part.  I had the most fantastic photo ops with a great horned owlet tonight.  Eye level, active, soft light and about 8 feet in front of me.  Left camera in car.

by SantaFeJoe on Sun May 06, 2018 10:44 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:Let me clarify the photography part.  I had the most fantastic photo ops with a great horned owlet tonight.  Eye level, active, soft light and about 8 feet in front of me.  Left camera in car.
That’s when you have to use your phones’ camera!   :wink:

Joe 

by Mike in O on Sun May 06, 2018 11:04 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
That loud old fashioned camera has to go when there are silent cameras out there.

by Robert on Mon May 07, 2018 10:27 am
Robert
Forum Contributor
Hard to believe, but I have even more respect for Jane Goodall after watching the 60 minutes overtime segment and seeing her and Tom share a whiskey at sunset while watching the sandhill cranes come in to roost for the night. :D

by SantaFeJoe on Mon May 07, 2018 10:47 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Robert wrote:Hard to believe, but I have even more respect for Jane Goodall after watching the 60 minutes overtime segment and seeing her and Tom share a whiskey at sunset while watching the sandhill cranes come in to roost for the night. :D
Interesting to note, also, that her favorite animal is a dog and not the chimpanzee.

Joe

10 posts |