All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Jeff Colburn on Mon May 14, 2018 11:59 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

Does anyone know if Shutterbug is closing?

A couple of months ago I renewed my subscription for 3 years. Then in the current issue they said that Shutterbug was just purchased by a company in England. And that instead of 12 issue a year, it will be 6 issues a year.

I contacted customer support and asked if I would get 3 years of the magazine (18 issues), or six years for the 36 issues I paid for. They said they had no record of my renewal. I sent them a copy of my renewal confirmation email, and that was the last I heard from them for a week and a half. Then today, I received a full refund for my renewal.

Are they closing, or do they want me to renew again? It's hard to say when they don't tell you one way of the other.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

Last edited by Jeff Colburn on Tue May 15, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Jeff Colburn on Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 am
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Update: This morning I received an email from Shutterbug saying I would receive 36 issues (6 years). No mention of the refund.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by Mike in O on Tue May 15, 2018 6:56 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Jeff Colburn wrote:Update: This morning I received an email from Shutterbug saying I would receive 36 issues (6 years). No mention of the refund.

Have Fun,
Jeff
I am impressed with the magazine's forth rightness.

by Jeff Colburn on Tue May 15, 2018 11:23 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi Mike,

I don't have a problem with Shutterbug. I've been a subscriber for years. The problem is one person says my subscription is good for 6 years on the same day I receive a check for the full refund of that subscription. Also, I can't find anyplace on their website where you can subscribe to Shutterbug. It may be just the transition to a new owner, but cancelling a six year subscription seems very strange.

Have Fun,
Jeff

by int-nat on Tue May 22, 2018 12:29 pm
int-nat
Forum Contributor
Seems like you called it: https://www.dpreview.com/news/816876117 ... s-web-only

by DChan on Tue May 22, 2018 9:07 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Not closing. But become web only:

Shutterbug shuts down print publication after 45 years, goes 'web only'

by Jeff Colburn on Tue May 22, 2018 11:27 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Wow, thanks for the info and link. What a shock.

Have Fun,
Jeff

7 posts |