All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by James W. Milligan on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
I just sold sold a Sony 70-200 FE  lens to a person on FM site. Just got a PM about auto focus. He states it was slow until he warmed it up ,he lives in Rochester. I feel I am about to deal with a person who is clueless about auto focus behavior. The lens was in perfect condition with no issues. How do you deal with an individual who thinks he is an optical expert but seems to be a bit annul? I have never had an issue like this and it is last time I will sell to an individual. I smelled an issue with this guy from the start....should have backed away.  

by Robert on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:49 am
Robert
Forum Contributor
My suggestion is to be extra patient with the guy and walk him through it. It's frustrating I know, but you probably don't want to deal with a return if at all possible. I've had some sales like this and am glad I was patient but fair, as the buyer eventually figured out what he wasn't doing right and the item began to work perfectly as I knew it had for me. I also reminded myself of how I feel when buying something from someone I don't know - and try and treat them the way I would want to be treated. And if after all that, the buyer still can't figure things out, I gladly take the item back and move on. Fortunately, I haven't had to do that more than once.

Good luck.

by James W. Milligan on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:46 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
Robert wrote:My suggestion is to be extra patient with the guy and walk him through it. It's frustrating I know, but you probably don't want to deal with a return if at all possible. I've had some sales like this and am glad I was patient but fair, as the buyer eventually figured out what he wasn't doing right and the item began to work perfectly as I knew it had for me. I also reminded myself of how I feel when buying something from someone I don't know - and try and treat them the way I would want to be treated. And if after all that, the buyer still can't figure things out, I gladly take the item back and move on. Fortunately, I haven't had to do that more than once.

Good luck.
Robert, thanks for  sharing your experiences and the advice. I basically  sat back and let the buyer do his thing. He finally realized the temp was the issue but then wanted to get picky about the rubber focus grip but with all of that he did say he was happy with the sale. Have A festive Turkey day

by Robert on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:37 pm
Robert
Forum Contributor
James W. Milligan wrote:
Robert wrote:My suggestion is to be extra patient with the guy and walk him through it. It's frustrating I know, but you probably don't want to deal with a return if at all possible. I've had some sales like this and am glad I was patient but fair, as the buyer eventually figured out what he wasn't doing right and the item began to work perfectly as I knew it had for me. I also reminded myself of how I feel when buying something from someone I don't know - and try and treat them the way I would want to be treated. And if after all that, the buyer still can't figure things out, I gladly take the item back and move on. Fortunately, I haven't had to do that more than once.

Good luck.
Robert, thanks for  sharing your experiences and the advice. I basically  sat back and let the buyer do his thing. He finally realized the temp was the issue but then wanted to get picky about the rubber focus grip but with all of that he did say he was happy with the sale. Have A festive Turkey day
Glad to hear it James. Sometimes waiting it out is for the best as the buyer works it out to his satisfaction. You have a good thanksgiving too.

4 posts |