All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by flygirl on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:46 am
flygirl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00824
Planning a trip to the Pantanal and was wondering what was the best airline for photographers.  I will be carrying my Nikon 500 f/4.  I noticed Azul has a weight limit on carry on luggage and so does Copa.  We are flying into Cuiaba, Brazil.  Thanks!!!

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Take Gol -  they have a couple of flights a day from Sao Paolo - no checks whatsoever on luggage weight.  It's what most photographers take to Cuiaba.  From FL, there is an American flight out of MIA that gets into Sao Paulo with plenty of time to make the 10:00 AM (ish) Gol flight.  If you are in northern FL, Delta works too and Gol is part of Delta's alliance.  Here's a link to their quasi English site:
https://www.voegol.com.br/en
But both Delta and American (not sure about United) will allow you to make that flight on your US to Brazil reservation rather than on a separate ticket which means the whole luggage thing is easier.

by pdschu on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:12 am
pdschu
Forum Contributor
Gol worked for me with a backpack and rolling bag. Be very careful at the Cuiaba airport and elsewhere. I had a backpack full of equipment stolen from right beside me at Cuiaba as I stood waiting to check in. Fortunately at end of trip and memory cards not lost. Insurance covered the loss.
Paul Schumacher
Schumacher Photography

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:36 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
By the way, you will find in S.A in general that there are many rules for many things, virtually none of them are enforced.

Paul, bummer! But in general, especially in S.A., never ever let go of your stuff until you are inside security and even then, be careful.

4 posts |