Moderators: E.J. Peiker, Greg Downing

All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
I could cry but I'm so used to it by now.  :D  Yes, major storm right now (northern lights) and it's raining outside.  So, what else is new?? 

by bender16v on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:07 pm
bender16v
Forum Contributor
Same here in Michigan. Also same story every time I go to the U.P. and there is activity forecast...
-Chris Harrison

by OntPhoto on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:07 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
bender16v wrote:
Same here in Michigan. Also same story every time I go to the U.P. and there is activity forecast...

It's happened to me just about every time for the past couple of years.  There was another one not long ago, couple of months back?  Overcast.  Tonight I was willing to go find an opening in the clouds but unfortunately it was also raining.  Late Thursday evening the sub-auroral was storming which means it would have been clearly visible here and even into the upper northern States!

Hey, the weather looks great this coming weekend and I can assure you there will be no northern lights.  Count on it :-) lol
This is so easy to predict.  I'm right again, unfortunately.

SEVERE GEOMAGNETIC STORM: The debris from this week's monster X9-class solar flare hit Earth's magnetic field last night. The result: Northern Lights in the USA as far south as Arkansas. A severe (G4-class) geomagnetic storm on Sept. 8th sparked auroras so bright that, in parts of Scandinavia, traffic stopped as drivers pulled over to absorb the display. More storms are in the offing tonight and tomorrow as Earth moves through the wake of this potent

3 posts |