Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by jeffreylarmstrong@yahoo.com on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:07 pm
jeffreylarmstrong@yahoo.com
Forum Contributor
Want to print a book of my photography. Any suggestions  for someone that does good work at a reasonable cost.
Thx Jeff A.

by Steve Cirone on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 pm
Steve Cirone
Lifetime Member
Member #:00583
Hello Amigo-  Blurb.com has done a great job of photo book printing for family and friends at a reasonable price.

DAILY IMAGE GALLERY:  https://www.facebook.com/steve.cirone.1

IMAGE GALLERY ARCHIVES WITH EXIF: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevecirone/

by Primus on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:34 am
Primus
Lifetime Member
Member #:02003
I have had two such books done so far. First was from Apple and second from Adoramapix.

I looked at the Blurb books and found that the print quality was sub-par for me. The advantage is that you can link the book to Amazon if you ever want to sell it. Their interface is also better.

Apple books are better in quality (I get a calendar done by them every year and it is super sharp and much better than the usual 'Wildlife' calendars you can buy). However, they do not do 'lie-flat' pages or high-end covers and the largest size may not be big enough for you.

Adoramapix, IMHO has the best variety of options. You can get a really big size book done (Coffee table type), with leather (or faux-leather), thick lie-flat pages with super-quality or just go for middle-of-the-road stuff. The only downside is that I found their interface to be very clunky and had to watch several videos on their site to figure things  out. They do accept Adobe InDesign files but I am not good with it. Of course this was about 3 yrs ago and things may have changed.

You get what you pay for and Adoramapix is not cheap.

I have seen wedding album/books done through Shutterfly and they too are quite good, but cost as much if not more. When I was researching for my photo book I tried several other companies but in the end went for Adoramapix.

There will always be a compromise - either with cost, quality or interface. If you want to do many copies of the book (to give away or sell), then that is another factor to bear in mind.

Pradeep

by jeffreylarmstrong@yahoo.com on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 am
jeffreylarmstrong@yahoo.com
Forum Contributor
Thx Steve - long time no see, hope you are well!
Jeff A.

4 posts |