Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by swanuck on Fri May 26, 2017 1:56 pm
swanuck
Forum Contributor
would like to enquirer if there are any members out there would appreciate using your name as a reference to joining nps
Thx in advance 561-685-2613

by rkmwolf on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:13 pm
rkmwolf
Forum Contributor
swanuck wrote:would like to enquirer if there are any members out there would appreciate using your name as a reference to joining nps
Thx in advance 561-685-2613

I would apply on-line with NPS without a reference. With freelance photographers being used by medium to small market newspapers Nikon appears to be more relaxed on the requirements. What they do now is a points system based on the equipment you own. You need to have a point score of somewhere around 650 I believe. It's been awhile, so I don't remember exactly. I have about 50k in Nikon equipment and have a points system of 1280, so you have to invest in Nikon. Another recent change is that you have to show a proof of purchase. They don't want you buying a lens on Ebay and then sending it in for repair. Does having an NPS membership help? Yes it does. I have had nothing but good service from them. I did send a 600 f4 in a few years ago just to get it back 3 weeks later and still having the same issue. Unfortunatly they couldn't validate my NPS number and i didn't catch them trying to contact me. I made a call to a regional Nikon rep and he emailed a postage paid mailer for overnight. I had the 600 back in 3 days with a new focus motor, lens mount, lens contacts and the best part was free of charge. Nikon NPS will take care of you. 

2 posts |