Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Someone just told me today that Elephant Head Pond has changed hands and someone else is now running it. Does anyone here know if this is true? If yes, does anyone who the new contact is for booking the pond?

Much appreciated :)

by david fletcher on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:43 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Denis posted this... HERE   might be of help Tim.  that's of course if it's the same EHP   :)
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Tim Zurowski on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Thanks David . . . . so I guess that confirms it. Anyone know how to contact the new owner Dano Grayson? Bill still has his Phototrap website up, but he appears to not be answering emails about booking the pond.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:47 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Yes it's true and I've heard nothing but good things about the new owner.

Try dano@danograyson.com

by Tim Zurowski on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:06 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Thanks very much EJ. I have sent him an email. Do you know if he is still running the Madera Drip as well? I really want Hepatic Tanager, which I missed in 2010, but my friend got there last year. Lastly, if I sent you a list of my target species, could you possibly give me tentative locations for some of them :P  I don't know any photographers that live in the southeastern AZ area. I am putting locations in a spreadsheet from eBird, but eBird is not always the best for the "best" photo locations.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I don't know the answer to that!

by hullyjr on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 pm
hullyjr
Forum Contributor
Tim Zurowski wrote:Thanks very much EJ. I have sent him an email. Do you know if he is still running the Madera Drip as well? I really want Hepatic Tanager, which I missed in 2010, but my friend got there last year. Lastly, if I sent you a list of my target species, could you possibly give me tentative locations for some of them :P  I don't know any photographers that live in the southeastern AZ area. I am putting locations in a spreadsheet from eBird, but eBird is not always the best for the "best" photo locations.
Hi Tim,

I've regularly photographed at both of Bill's former locations including late April of last year (http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34179132 & http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34181170). eBirds is a better outlet for my images with Smugmug becoming too laborious and expensive.

I used to live in Tucson and still follow the birding scene as best I can especially from a photographer's perspective.

Cheers,

Jim
xenospiza@gmail.com
Jim Hully
Grayslake, IL
Images now at https://www.flickr.com/photos/138068378@N06/

by Tim Zurowski on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:15 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Thanks very much Jim :)

I should have clarified that I have been to Arizona three previous trips now, and I have shot at both the Pond and the Madera drips locations. It was more some of the more difficult specialized species that I was searching for reliable locations. Anyway, it is all moot now as my trip has been cancelled. Dano did not have dates free for either location and I had left it a bit late to get accommodations near Portal. Arizona will have to wait for another year for me.

Cheers

8 posts |