Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by 1234 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 am
Forum Contributor
Hi guys! 

I'll be doing a west coast photo adventure in a few weeks. Its a no reservations thing; the only thing for sure is I fly into L.A on the 31st, and fly out of Seattle on the 16th. I'm hoping to catch Death Valley, Golden Gate Bridge, redwoods, Yosemite, Columbia river gorge, Washington coast, and I time allows maybe even dip into Canada for a day in whistler. I only shoot landscapes, so I was wondering if there was any cool spots along the way that were must sees? This is my first trip to the west coast so I'm very excited and I won't sleep much!

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:30 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
That's pretty ambitious for 16 days! The distances between some of those places are vast. Also, see the other thread on it Sur, you won't be able to transit Highway 1 all the way but you can easily create a route that avoids it especially since some inland stuff is on your itinerary.

by Kerry on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:10 am
Kerry
Forum Contributor
Echoing E.J., that's an ambitious itinerary for a stretch covering a bit more than two weeks.

That said, given your general route and the fact that you've never been on the West Coast before, if you don't hit any portion of the Oregon coast you're doing yourself a huge disservice, IMO.

by 1234 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:13 am
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:That's pretty ambitious for 16 days!  The distances between some of those places are vast.  Also, see the other thread on it Sur, you won't be able to transit Highway 1 all the way but you can easily create a route that avoids it especially since some inland stuff is on your itinerary.

I can only imagine; I am expecting to be stopping at every lookout wondering why I never stayed longer in one spot. I guess you could say this is more of a "scouting" adventure with the hopes of some good light every now and again. I was just hoping for some must see ideas. Off the beaten path of course ;)

by 1234 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:14 am
Forum Contributor
Kerry wrote:Echoing E.J., that's an ambitious itinerary for a stretch covering a bit more than two weeks.

That said, given your general route and the fact that you've never been on the West Coast before, if you don't hit any portion of the Oregon coast you're doing yourself a huge disservice, IMO.

I'll try and do as much of the Oregon coast as possible. It's gonna be so different that the beach I'm used to here in Hawaii. Temperate rain forest right up to the coast? Sign me up!!

5 posts |