« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 16 posts | 
by Homer on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm
Homer
Forum Contributor
Hello Everyone,
I apologize if this is not the right Forum to post.
I've been with Zenfolio since 2012 and every year they automatically charge my credit card,now my credit card has expired and I do have a new one same card and number and now the expiry date is 04/19. I would like to renew my Zenfolio Website but I am a bit anxious.
When I try to renew I came across with This Messages. 1) Your Tax information: Please update your tax information 2) Your credit card has Expired:Please review and update your credit card information 3) Your Browser is not supported.
I did e-mail the tech support and all the information I needed to ask,but not getting any reply.It's a bit fishy why they need my Tax Information?when I applied in 2012 they never ask about your Tax Information,just the regular info your address your name and credit number.
I am tempted to renew but is it safe to do so.Any idea,I check all the sites for something I should know but I am not getting any specific answer.Everytime I send an e-mail is not going through.
Sincerely,
Homer Caliwag

Last edited by Homer on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Anthony Medici on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:33 pm
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
I don't have an account but the terms of service page is probably of help here.

http://www.zenfolio.com/us/z/terms

At the very bottom. Or search for the word tax. It seems they want to tell the government what you were paid so the government can verify that the appropriate taxes were paid.
Tony

by DChan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:07 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Homer wrote:Hello Everyone,
I apologize if this is the right Forum to post.
I've been with Zenfolio since 2012 and every year they automatically charge my credit card,now my credit card has expired and I do have a new one same card and number and now the expiry date is 04/19. I would like to renew my Zenfolio Website but I am a bit anxious.
When I try to renew I came across with This Messages. 1) Your Tax information: Please update your tax information 2) Your credit card has Expired:Please review and update your credit card information 3) Your Browser is not supported.
I did e-mail the tech support and all the information I needed to ask,but not getting any reply.It's a bit fishy why they need my Tax Information?when I applied in 2012 they never ask about your Tax Information,just the regular info your address your name and credit number.
I am tempted to renew but is it safe to do so.Any idea,I check all the sites for something I should know but I am not getting any specific answer.Everytime I send an e-mail is not going through.
Sincerely,
Homer Caliwag
What tax information exactly they ask for? Without it it's kind of difficult to tell why you're asked for it, provided that it is actually Zenfolio which is asking for it. It could just be the name of your business that they ask but who knows. If government wants to know how much you pay for the account they could just ask you to submit the invoices and contracts for their review.

Just wanted to add that if the Zenfolio is required to ask you for tax info, it could very well be related to any income you earn from the use of that site and/or any tax you should have collected on behalf of the government.

by Homer on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:29 pm
Homer
Forum Contributor
Anthony Medici wrote:I don't have an account but the terms of service page is probably of help here.

At the very bottom. Or search for the word tax. It seems they want to tell the government what you were paid so the government can verify that the appropriate taxes were paid.
Thanks Anthony.

by Homer on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:34 pm
Homer
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:
Sincerely,
Homer Caliwag
What tax information exactly they ask for? Without it it's kind of difficult to tell why you're asked for it, provided that it is actually Zenfolio which is asking for it. It could just be the name of your business that they ask but who knows. If government wants to know how much you pay for the account they could just ask you to submit the invoices and contracts for their review.

Just wanted to add that if the Zenfolio is required to ask you for tax info, it could very well be related to any income you earn from the use of that site and/or any tax you should have collected on behalf of the government.
Thanks DChan

Last edited by Homer on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Homer on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:31 pm
Homer
Forum Contributor
Homer wrote:
Anthony Medici wrote:I don't have an account but the terms of service page is probably of help here.

Thanks Anthony.
I will give it a good read.

Last edited by Homer on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Homer on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:37 pm
Homer
Forum Contributor
Homer wrote:
DChan wrote:
Sincerely,
Homer Caliwag

Thanks DChan,
I wish I know how to copy and paste so I can show you,I just really wanted to know that it is coming from Zenfolio and so far I did not get any reply from tech support.I can give all the info.they need to know.Here on NSN there is a phone number you can call and answer your question when you need help.I did it a few times already, it does help.
Homer

by Homer on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 am
Homer
Forum Contributor
I apologize if this is not the right Forum to post.
Sincerely,
Homer Caliwag

I just renewed my Zenfolio Website

Jan.19,2017 http://homercaliwagphotography.zenfolio.com

Thanks
 Anthony and DChan for a reply.

by Jeff Colburn on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

Things do change over a five year period. Most companies now that pay users for sales, like Zenfolio, require your Social Security number so they can report your income for tax purposes.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by Homer on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:13 am
Homer
Forum Contributor
Jeff Colburn wrote:Hi,

Things do change over a five year period. Most companies now that pay users for sales, like Zenfolio, require your Social Security number so they can report your income for tax purposes.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff,
I do appreciate your reply.I did renewed my subscription,is just that it makes you think that something is not right so many things going on that it could be a scam.I did sent a lot of messages on their tech support but it's not going through.I just need to wait for my Visa Statement and see.
Thanks again,
Homer

by DChan on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Homer wrote:

Have Fun,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff,
I do appreciate your reply.I did renewed my subscription,is just that it makes you think that something is not right so many things going on that it could be a scam.I did sent a lot of messages on their tech support but it's not going through.I just need to wait for my Visa Statement and see.
Thanks again,
Homer
Homer:

When you renewed this time, did you give them any more info that you had not have last time?

As far as SIN goes, I'm not sure Zenfolio should be asking you for that. Usually you should not be disclosing it to just anyone. I still can't think of a reason why Zenfolio needs any tax info from you cuz I don't think they're asked by the government to do that. But then, I don't know what Zenfolio does for you either and so... :)

DChan

by Homer on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:29 am
Homer
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:
Homer wrote:

Have Fun,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff,
Thanks again,
Homer
Homer:

When you renewed this time, did you give them any more info that you had not have last time?

As far as SIN goes, I'm not sure Zenfolio should be asking you for that. Usually you should not be disclosing it to just anyone. I still can't think of a reason why Zenfolio needs any tax info from you cuz I don't think they're asked by the government to do that. But then, I don't know what Zenfolio does for you either and so... :)

DChan

Hi DChan,
I did not give them any more info.All I did was the same as the first time I applied.Same address same Visa card but my card expiry date now is up to 2019.and now my website is working again http://homercaliwagphotography.zenfolio.com
I have to wait and see my Visa credit statement next month,and see what happen
Thanks again.

by DChan on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Homer wrote: Hi DChan,
I did not give them any more info.All I did was the same as the first time I applied...

I would have done the same myself. Hope everything turns out fine for you.

by Homer on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:14 pm
Homer
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:
I did not give them any more info.All I did was the same as the first time I applied...

Thank DChan,
I hope so too,I might have to go back to Flickr as they only charge $40.00 u.s. a year or so and I do get a lot of clicks I think is over a 100,00 and they do answers my messages,which is very helpful I would say.I just need to start again.
Thanks,
Homer

by Homer on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:16 pm
Homer
Forum Contributor
Thank you all for the replies.

by Homer on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:33 am
Homer
Forum Contributor
Homer wrote:
DChan wrote:

Thank DChan,
I hope so too,I might have to go back to Flickr as they only charge $40.00 u.s. a year or so and I do get a lot of clicks I think is over a 100,00 and they do answers my messages,which is very helpful I would say.I just need to start again.
Thanks,
Homer

http://homercaliwagphotography.zenfolio.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/homer_caliwag/

16 posts |