All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by R.J. Sindelar on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:55 pm
R.J. Sindelar
Forum Contributor
Hi Everyone,

I am leaving next week for a short trip to Vancouver. I'll be there Tuesday thru Sunday. I will be with my parents, and we will have a car. However, due to my dad's work obligations, we have to spend each night at a hotel in downtown Vancouver. So I am looking for recommendations for where to go for day trips.

I have read numerous old threads, and it looks like one place is Reifel Bird Sanctuary. Numerous other places looked interesting, but I am not sure I can do them as day trips. That is why I chose to start this thread, I was hoping some of you all that live in the area could give me some ideas on what places are doable in a day. I shoot just about anything, wildlife, birds, landscapes, and travel. I am also hoping that there is an area that I can get to that has tide pools.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-R.J.
R.J. Sindelar

by Paul Skoczylas on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:21 am
Paul Skoczylas
Forum Contributor
Member #:00284
Reifel is great for birds--though at this time of year it's not at its best. Still definitely worth a trip, though. There's also Stanley Park, near downtown. Another place is Pitt Lake in Port Coquitlam. Grouse Mountain--but I've only been there once, and not photographing, so I can't help much there. Sea-to-Sky at least as far as Squamish--there's a nice park with scenery (inc. a large waterfall) near Squamish.

At this time of year, you can just drive around anywhere near the water, and you'll find bald eagles. Not necessarily in photogenic spots, though.

-Paul
[url=http://www3.telus.net/avrsvr/]Paul's Website[/url] [url=http://paulsnaturephotos.blogspot.com/]Paul's Blog[/url]
[b]NSN 0284[/b]

2 posts |