« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by joseph motto on Wed May 04, 2016 4:44 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Many of us do slideshow presentations for any number of different types of audiences. When doing so do the images you project have your name or signature on them or do you prefer to show your images without any distracting element?
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by signgrap on Wed May 04, 2016 7:53 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Assuming the presentation is a projection:
If you're only showing your images why would you need to sign them? I wouldn't.
If you're showing images from a number of different photographers then you should identify the photographers in some way. I would keep the name as small as possible but still visible and in a non important part of the image. Or preferable show the image and then identify the photographer either before or after the image is shown. I dislike seeing a name plastered over an image. I know if your showing it over the internet you need to safe guard the image in some fashion.
Dick Ludwig

by Phil Shaw on Thu May 05, 2016 2:16 am
Phil Shaw
Forum Contributor
Member #:00106
I don't put anything on the projected images. I have a title screen at the start of the show which includes my name, and a credits screen at the end which has my website url.

I don't know what software you are using to do your shows. I've used ProShow Producer for a long while, but I'm now thinking of moving my shows over to Lightroom. I learned recently that you can get Lightroom to automatically pick up text fields from the image metadata. So for camera club slideshows it is easy to include the camera settings used, for example. For other audiences you could include the location, or use a comments field on particular slides.
Phil Shaw
Essex, UK
[color=#008000][url]http://www.naturephotopro.com[/url][/color]

by Ed Cordes on Sat May 07, 2016 7:27 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I also have a title slide and a slide at the end giving credit to my wife and me. The images we show do not have signatures or watermarks.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by joseph motto on Wed May 11, 2016 8:23 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
When I process images after a shoot I almost always make a large tiff file and a 400 kb or so jpeg web file which I sharpen and sign. When I put together a slideshow I select the jpeg images from my inventory so all of them have my name and the year in small letters at the bottom. I use P2E to create my shows. Doing a show without signature slides means I would have to recreate or revise the ones I want to use. Nevertheless, I must admit the show would look better without that minor distraction on each slide.
I appreciate the input.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by Bob Boner on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
Bob Boner
Lifetime Member
Member #:00059
I have an intro image that has "Images by Robert Boner" written on it and the last slide is a repeat of the previous one that just says "The End"
Bob Boner

6 posts |