All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Jens Peermann on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:51 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
LuLa has a nice review
about the Canon G3X. Made me think about selling the old 7D and the lenses I use with it, which together have about the same 35mm equivalent range as the G3X. I like that it has a Sony sensor.

Any thoughts?
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by hullyjr on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:34 pm
hullyjr
Forum Contributor
First time I've actually read something positive about this camera but then again this is a review free of the usual fanboy pretensions. I cannot see it replacing my DSLR for bird photography for the obvious reasons of AF speed and tracking. Maybe I'm old fashioned but without a viewfinder I would find it difficult to use that 600mm equivalent fov. Sure you can buy an external one but that is not a practical solution. Somewhere in the England's green and pleasant pastures lies an Olympus viewfinder, knocked off my m43 camera!

Still resent the fact that Canon has yet to offers automated panorama on any camera. Videographers probably have a lot to complain about considering the equivalent models from Panny & Sony offer so much more.

Each time we hear about a rumored megazoom I hope to find the one camera to rule them all but disappointment quickly follows.

Cheers,

Jim
Jim Hully
Grayslake, IL
Images now at https://www.flickr.com/photos/138068378@N06/

by Jens Peermann on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:05 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
Thanks hullyjr.

In the hours since I posted this question I learned that this camera might be an interesting addition, but definitely not a replacement. The biggest handicap is the burst rate of just a little over 1 fps in RAW (~5 in JPEG).
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

3 posts |