All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by amp5213 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:34 pm
amp5213
Lifetime Member
Member #:00406
I recently purchased a Sony A7II.  I have some dust on the sensor.  If I use the automatic cleaning mode in the menu system, it sounds like he camera is going to shake apart but the dust blobs are still on the sensor.  The menu tells me to look in the instruction manual if I want to manually clean the sensor.  I can find nothing about cleaning the sensor in either the manual that came in the box or the Sony help guide that I downloaded from their site.  Does anyone know if there is function like on Nikon that holds the shutter open to clean the sensor or do I have to set the shutter to "Bulb" and hold the shutter button while I try to clean the sensor.
Thanks.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:46 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The shutter is always open since it is a Live View all the time camera. Just take off the lens and clean the sensor with your preferred sensor cleaning method ;)

by Primus on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:00 am
Primus
Lifetime Member
Member #:02003
E.J. Peiker wrote:The shutter is always open since it is a Live View all the time camera.   Just take off the lens and clean the sensor with your preferred sensor cleaning method ;)
And to help you along a but further, here's EJ's own excellent review of a revolutionary new way to clean your sensors

It is almost perfect, though I've found that occasionally I still need to use s 'sensor swab' style liquid cleaner. But it is incredibly convenient to carry and use.

Pradeep

3 posts |