Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 27 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Ron Ridout wrote:A week later, I got 'my' camera back (it was the same serial number on the body) but when I took a few pictures and checked the metadata, I found someone else's named imbedded as the user.
Did you ever follow up to find out what happened? I can imagine by this time you were probably just fed up with them.

by Ron Ridout on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 am
Ron Ridout
Forum Contributor
No, I couldn't be bothered since I didn't want to wait several more weeks in the middle of Spring. I've never been happy with the camera since. It rarely focuses sharply.

At this point I'm waiting for what I hope will be a new 7D Mark II. Can't hold my breath much longer though. :)
Ron Ridout
Bird Studies Canada
Author - [i]A Birding Guide to the Long Point Area[/i]
http://www.bsc-eoc.org

by mstolting on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 pm
mstolting
Forum Contributor
Kari Post wrote:I've never had any major issues with Canon USA and I've used both the Irving and NJ repair facilities. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.
Kari, does Irving work in Irvine, CA? :D

Mike Stolting
"Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on, le malheur est qu'il tue ses élèves."
Berlioz

by Porsche917 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 pm
Porsche917
Lifetime Member
Member #:01310
Dear Karl:

Have you informed Canon in Japan of your great, and justifiable, disappointment with Canon Professional Services ("CPS") in Canada? Although Canada CPS may be unresponsive, I would hope that Canon headquarters in Japan would take a much different view.

Best Regards,

Roman :-)

by OntPhoto on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Ron Ridout wrote:No, I couldn't be bothered since I didn't want to wait several more weeks in the middle of Spring. I've never been happy with the camera since. It rarely focuses sharply.

At this point I'm waiting for what I hope will be a new 7D Mark II. Can't hold my breath much longer though. :)
I wouldn't have put up with it....a camera that rarely focuses sharply....after it comes back from servicing? You had something to go on just based on the new name in the metadata. I would like to have heard the explanation for that one :-) "Oh, our techs put in a name to keep track of the images taken for servicing purposes". Far-fetched but there's got to be an answer :-) Any service issues I would definitely recommend following up with a surpervisor...failing a satisfactory solution.....then talk to the manager. I don't think Canon's goal is to give customers unsatisfactory service....stuff happens....unless the customer brings it to their attention....they won't know about it.

PS. Me too :-) Hoping for a 7D MK II this fall.

by Gary Briney on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:20 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Karl, Very glad to see in your other thread that the flash was finally replaced to your satisfaction -- tactful persistence sometimes pays big dividends. - gb
G. Briney

by Karl Egressy on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 am
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
Gary Briney wrote:Karl, Very glad to see in your other thread that the flash was finally replaced to your satisfaction -- tactful persistence sometimes pays big dividends. - gb
Thanks Gary.
You are absolutely right.

27 posts |