Floral macro

Posted by NiagaraMike on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:18 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Floral close-up in my garden. Taken with D810 and 60 mm macro and f/16 and 1/200 s. Thanks for looking!

Posted by:
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor

by Tom Whelan on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:42 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
Nice subject and composition - I think a midtone background would make it look even better.
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by NiagaraMike on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:39 am
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Tom Whelan wrote:Nice subject and composition - I think a midtone background would make it look even better.
Thanks Tom. I took this early morning and was photographing it against a shaded background.

by Matthew Pugh on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:10 am
Matthew Pugh
Member #:00345
Hi

A nice composition of the subject and although I don't mind the dark surround I would have like a little more imaginative use of lighting - try playing around with a flashlight, or strobe - you will get some great effects with subjects as wiry as this

All the best
Matthew

by NiagaraMike on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:02 pm
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Matthew Pugh wrote:Hi

A nice composition of the subject and although I don't mind the dark surround I would have like a little more imaginative use of lighting - try playing around with a flashlight, or strobe - you will get some great effects with subjects as wiry as this

All the best
Matthew

Thanks Matthew. I am not so imaginative or patient as you! I was pleased to get a representative image of the minutiae of this part of  the flower cluster and not burned out or soft! Do you know what it  is?

5 posts |