All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
D810

60 mm

ISO 800 

f'/14

1/800 s

If you want to see more detail please go here and PRESS M.

https://500px.com/photo/116041111/hibis ... er_library

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by NiagaraMike on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by:
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor

by CactusD on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:05 am
CactusD
Forum Contributor
Location: Ideally, halfway up a Greek mountain, or in the northern British landscape; otherwise, Banbury, UK
Very nice intimate view.
Two small suggestions: my eye seems to be drawn to the top left dark corner, so perhaps a crop or a slightly different perspective on the subject might work; your signature is perhaps a little large and slightly in the way. I understand why you do this, but in my view there's no real protection, so I have mine small and tucked away in a corner.
"The Sun is God."  J. M. W. Turner

Large Format Photography Website

by Matthew Pugh on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:35 am
Matthew Pugh
Member #:00345
Hi

A nice appealing image with lovely warming colours - I can relate to the remarks about the upper darker area, but it not an image killer. And personally with this subject I would wonder about square format hopefully really bringing out the symmetry of the subject by relating the proportions to the framing

All the best
Matthew

by NiagaraMike on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:49 am
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
CactusD wrote:Very nice intimate view.  
Two small suggestions: my eye seems to be drawn to the top left dark corner, so perhaps a crop or a slightly different perspective on the subject might work; your signature is perhaps a little large and slightly in the way.  I understand why you do this, but in my view there's no real protection, so I have mine small and tucked away in a corner.
Thanks CactusD. I edited the pic re the dark and crop and re-posted it.... As for the signature it is only an internet thing. If I were selling it the signature would be placed MUCH differently... thanks!

by NiagaraMike on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:51 am
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Matthew Pugh wrote:Hi

A nice appealing image with lovely warming colours - I can relate to the remarks about the upper darker area, but it not an image killer. And personally with this subject I would wonder about square format hopefully really bringing out the symmetry of the subject by relating the proportions to the framing

All the best
Matthew
Thanks Matthew. I redid it as square (and agree completely) and re-posted it. 

Thanks!

by Leighayres on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:10 pm
Leighayres
Forum Contributor
I don't recall the original image, but as I am looking at it now looks great "as is".
As for water marks - personal choice. I, myself, don't really see the need and feel they detract a little from the image. Used to use them, but have since stopped.
Great over all image. Like it.

Cheers
Leigh Ayres
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
https://www.flickr.com/photos/134058849@N07/

by Tom Whelan on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:48 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
A fine symmetrical composition - I think the background is fine as is.
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by NiagaraMike on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:33 pm
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Leighayres wrote:I don't recall the original image, but as I am looking at it now looks great "as is".
As for water marks - personal choice.  I, myself, don't really see the need and feel they detract a little from the image.  Used to use them, but have since stopped.
Great over all image.  Like it.

Cheers
Thanks Leigh.

by NiagaraMike on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:34 pm
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Tom Whelan wrote:A fine symmetrical composition - I think the background is fine as is.

Thanks Tom. I think that dark area disappeared when it was square cropped.

9 posts |