Backyard Peeper

Posted by kevinfeenstra on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
I have had a lot of spring peepers and leopard frogs in the woods behind the house.   I wanted to show a small peeper in his woodland habitat.   I am not sure if this image is for everyone but you decide. 

Because the glass dome that the frog was on had some scratches and marks, I used a light application of  the field blur in Photoshop to remove the imperfections in the background.   

1/125 @ f11 @ 8mm

Thank you for looking!

Posted by:
kevinfeenstra
Forum Contributor

by crw816 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:55 am
crw816
Forum Contributor
Interesting image. Kudos on the unusual presentation. I'm not sure how I feel about this image. It's tough for my eye to comfortable flow through the image. When I clicked on the thumbnail I was expecting to see the frog sitting on top of the fern with a view from below. I think this would have worked better for me, although the fern may not have supported the frog. I don't think the flare helps the scene at all. Overall, I don't think this image works for me, however I really like your creative approach and do not want to discourage you re-visiting this concept.... I think you may be on to something...
Chris White
www.whitephotogallery.com

by wtracyparnell on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:29 am
wtracyparnell
Forum Contributor
One of the more interesting images I have seen in some time. My first thought was that this was a shot of a frog leaping taken from below. When I realized it was on glass there was something of a letdown. However, after thinking about it, I believe you have achieved your stated goal with this image-"to show a small peeper in his woodland habitat". In that sense it is a successful image. As the previous poster indicated, I would encourage you to keep thinking "out of the box". You might come up with something no one else has. A+ for effort.
W. Tracy Parnell
Comments on my images are greatly appreciated!

by PaiR on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:24 pm
PaiR
Forum Contributor
Kevin, I like this. A very different perspective and processing !!. You have a very unique style
Ram
A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into~Ansel Adams

by Tom Whelan on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:21 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
Love the idea and the look of the frog. Cutting out the sun a little would reduce the flare and the brightness at the top - though that may be hard with the wide angle perpective.
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by Matthew Pugh on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 am
Matthew Pugh
Member #:00345
Hi

I love the inventiveness of this image and although I feel in more controlled lighting this would have worked better, I still find it a fun and enjoyable image

All the best
Matthew

6 posts |